ATC - African Tower Company
Average monthly site visits reduced by 78%
African tower company enhances its multi-country operations with ServiceNow and Quintica Q-OSS operations automation and Mobile Reach mobility solution.
- Average monthly site visits reduced by 78%
- Corrective maintenance site visits reduced by 70%
- Estimated vehicle operating costs reduced by 38%
- Consolidated real-time operational performance reporting, from individual engineering work orders, to country based performance to contracted tenant SLAs.
- An easy way to invest your after-tax savings
- Flexibility to access your savings when needed
The business was operating in silos across multiple countries, without proper standard operating processes, using a variety of non-integrated systems and manual management direct operations. This resulted in a challenging reality of poor operational controls, costly field services, high level of service breach, poor maintenance execution resulting in high asset replacement costs and inconsistent and poor visibility of operations reporting for management decision making
The solution focussed on the transformation of process, people and technology. The business leadership team invested in a total transformation of their standard operating model. First aligning common policies in a way they could deal with the complexity of different operating country realities and then implementing a shared services technology model that helped to “systemize” the new way of working.
Business, process and workforce transformation
- Design and implementation of standard operating models across operations.
- Design and implementation of common operating processes and SOP’s.
- Assessment of individual engineers’ skills, development and delivery of individualized training to deliver value and drive adoption.
Implementation of operational efficiency
- Implementation of ServiceNow and Quintica Q-OSS to enable the:
- Elimination of field site visit duplication by “activity grouping” into single work orders;
- Automation of the correct first-time dispatch of work orders from the operations centre to the field engineering team mobile devices
- Reduction of health and safety risk associated with excessive road travel
The technology solutions deployed for this transformation program are:
- l ServiceNow with Quintica Q-OSS and Mobile Reach
- l ServiceNow is a cloud based Platform as a Service solution, that delivers always on single system of record automation framework that can be deployed into the all areas of the enterprise business.
- l Quintica Q-OSS is built to run on ServiceNow and delivers specific value through out of the box processes such as Trouble Ticketing, Site Access Management, Planned and Preventative Maintenance that add immediate value to telecoms business
Mobile Reach enterprise mobility is a flexible field services specific mobile gateway solution customized to meet the needs of integration to ServiceNow and Quintica Q-OSS and enable the on and offline processing of work orders to field engineers in various operating countries.
Link to Mobilereach: https://mobilereach.com